MediaWise/PressWise articles and reports
- Convergence, Regulation and Ethnic Minority Communities (1998)
Originally prepared as a joint submission from PressWise and the Community Media Association to the Culture, Media and Sports Select Committee Inquiry into Audio-Visual Communications and the Regulation of Broadcasting.
- Ethnic Minorities and the Media Forum (1997)
As our contribution to the European Year Against Racism, PressWise organised a day-long public debate about ethnic minority representation and employment in the mass media, and issues of redress when things go wrong.
Other articles and reports
- Guidelines on race reporting
From the National Union of Journalists (NUJ).
- This is how racism takes root
By Joseph Harker, The Guardian, 22 July 2012.
- Are the media racist?
Survey on the numbers of ethnic minorities in senior roles in the UK press, by the New Statesman, January 2012.
- Getting the Facts Rights: Reporting Ethnicity and Religion
By the Media Diversity Institute, with ARTICLE 19 and the European Federation of Journalists and its Ethical Journalism Initiative campaign, May 2012.
- A Tale of Two Englands – ‘Race’ and Violent Crime in the Press
Report published by the Runnymede Trust, 18 April 2008.
- Diversity in the Washington Newspaper Press Corps
Report from UNITY & the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, Arizona State University, 2008.
- Report on media literacy amongst adults from minority ethnic groups
Media Literacy Audit by Ofcom, published on 4 April 2006.
- Reporting Diversity
Guide for journalists, published by the Media Trust and the Society of Editors, October 2005.
- Diversity in the Newsroom
A report by the Training Committee of the Society of Editors, October 2004.
- Fall Colors: Prime Time Diversity Report 2003-04
Published by Children Now, April 2004.
- ASNE Annual Newsroom Census
Archive of American Society of News Editors’ annual census.