MediaWise articles and reports on press freedom
- Press Freedom Forum Series
Exiled Journalists’ Network events, supported by MediaWise.
- Cheque-book journalism
MediaWise position paper, advice and other articles.
- Codes of conduct
Position paper on effective journalistic codes by Mike Jempson, Director, MediaWise, 2004.
Annual reports on the state of the media/press freedom
- Press Freedom Survey
Annual report from Freedom House.
- World Press Freedom Index
Annual report from Reporters Without Borders.
Articles about anonymous sources
- Half a shield is better than none
By Geoffrey R Stone, originally published in the New York Times, 21 February 2007.
- 2004 Confidential Sources Survey
Published by the First Amendment Center, 14 October 2004.
Other articles and reports on press freedom
- World Divided on Press Freedom
BBC World Service report based on 11,344 interviews in 14 countries, 10 December 2007.
- Reflecting the Real World 2
Report on how UK television and new media portray developing countries, October 2007.
- Declaration of Table Mountain
Agreed by the World Newspaper Congress & World Editors Forum to improve press freedom in Africa, June 2007.
- Reflecting the Real World
Report on how UK television and new media portray developing countries, 2006.
- Journalism, Civil Liberties and the War on Terrorism
Draft report from the International Federation of Journalists and Statewatch, May 2005.
- Shooting the Messenger
By Phillip Knightley, published in IPI Global Journalist, 2nd Quarter 2005.
- A new but fragile freedom
The Iraqi media three months after the war, from Reporters Without Borders, 22 July 2003.
- Journalism and the War on Terrorism
Report on the aftermath of September 11 and the implications for journalism and civil liberties, September 2002.