The Muhammed cartoons
- The ‘cartoon’ controversy – time for reflection
MediaWise Bulletin by Mike Jempson, 8 February 2006.
- Why I reject the anarchists who claim to speak for Islam
By Fareena Alam, Managing Editor of Q-News, The Observer, 12 February 2006.
Media representations of Muslims and Islam
- Images of Islam in the UK: The Representation of British Muslims in the National Print Media 2000-2008
Research by Cardiff School of Journalism, Media & Cultural Studies, 7 July 2008.
- The Search for Common Ground: Muslims, non-Muslims and the UK media
Report commissioned by the Mayor of London, November 2007.
- The British Media and Muslim Representation: The Ideology of Demonisation
Report by the Islamic Human Rights Commission, February 2007.
- British muslims and the media
By Charlie Beckett, The Guardian, 29 December 2006
- British Muslims: Media Guide
Reference source and training tool for journalists, by Ehsan Masood, May 2006.
- Islamophobia – issues, challenges and action
By the Commission on British Muslims and Islamophobia, June 2004.
- The Media and its Representation of Islam and Muslim Women
An article written and researched by Sairra Patel.
- Data in Focus Report: Muslims
European Union Minorities and Discrimination Survey from European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, May 2009