20 April 2012 – The 2012 Benn Debate was a panel discussion on rebuilding trust in journalism after the phone hacking scandal.
The panel included:
- Donnacha DeLong, NUJ President.
- Lord Hunt, Chair of the Press Complaints Commission.
- Thais Porthilo-Shrimpton, journalist and co-ordinator of the Hacked-Off campaign.
- Christopher Jefferies, libelled by several newspapers in the Jo Yeates murder case.
- Steve Brodie, BBC Points West.
- Mike Norton, editor of the Bristol Evening Post.
- Rich Peppiatt, former Daily Star reporter.
The event, held at the Arnolfini in Bristol on 16 March, was filmed and is available to watch on YouTube.